Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A new day, and old computer and more possibilities

I believe completely a persons generosity is measured not by being rich and giving away much, but by having nothing and still giving away support and love.--By me.









 A repost


Today's post is all about being grateful for experiences and

             opportunities Lyme Disease presents............

The other day I was reading on this great new site I found about not defining one's self by their disease. (www.healingwell.com) I naturally scoffed and continued to feel trapped and sorry for myself so I became the disease again. Later towards evening as I scurried back and forth cursing my bad luck, my bad memory, my broken tablet and suddenly got that horrible feeling of toxins pouring through my skin making me sicker. I stood still for a few seconds and breathed deeply to let the rage pass as well as the burning skin I was experiencing. A big grin suddenly came over me as I realized how much exercise I was getting by simply forgetting things. The toxic wave, which I can only describe as absolutely the worst feeling ever; changed rapidly into a wave I can describe as the let down reflex a mother feels when nursing-another analogy is  it feels similar to getting to the peak of a mountain you climbed many times before, but this time made it to the top. I then went to the RV to try and fix my laptop. Instead of dreading it like I had for the past year, I looked forward to exploring the possibility of restoring so many pix I imagined I had lost-lo and behold my password popped into my head. It had been the block to fixing my laptop for over a year-so I pondered again over turning negative into positive and the effects it has on disease. I started looking for what"s good about Lyme? What has it done FOR me, rather than TO me and I found many different things I could appreciate.  
I'll list some here. 
I learned an android system. I was forced to fix things I had procrastinated doing. I cut out many meats and eat better than ever. I dug up a bunch of vegan recipes and tried new one's. I stopped eating sugar. I had to study herbs and discovered so many new things out there I had never considered before. It made me trust my intuitions again. I began to study everything I could get my hands on about molds, virus evolution, fungi , a world of microbes and bacteria I never knew existed. I am learning the difference between what I want and what I need. I'm taking back control of my own health and welfare-depending on myself more. Perhaps most beneficial of all-it opened my world to POSSIBILITIES.

I certainly know there will be some downs and back and forth emotional baggage on my road to recovery. My hope is for opening any minds out there stuck in their disease, like myself, and offer anything I can to get through another day with less apprehension and pain.  The future, no matter how short or how long is still the future because now has already passed.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope I offered something helpful.